By way of introduction

My name is Nicole Naude, and I’m excited to serve as an admissions blogger for the 2009-2010 school year! A current resident of Trumbull, CT, this is my third year at Gordon, and so I’m eager to explore this medium of communication from the perspective of one in the middle of my experience here. As my roles on Gordon’s campus are varied, the shape and voice of this blog will likely change from entry to entry. As a Resident Advisor, I serve a wonderful group of 28 students ranging from freshman to senior. My floor is as wonderful as they come, and the girls I serve will undoubtedly become a huge inspiration for my posts. As a Teaching Assistant for a freshman seminar course called “The Great Conversation,” I aim to spark thoughtful conversation and deliberation and questioning about the relationship between Christianity and the world at large. As a junior student of Biology and Philosophy, I seek to engage the world critically and thoughtfully, from the earnest perspective of a follower of Christ eager to understand and learn about His grand creation.
To distinguish me from my fellow bloggers, you might be interested to know that I am an avid Sherlock Holmes fan and have read all of his adventures; he’s proved a worthy companion on many a car ride.
I’ve been asked to provide a sort of thesis or title for this blog, and while I’m apt to want to change this as often as the sun rises (in my typical indecisive fashion), I’ve settled on a verse from Galatians that, hopefully, will be a telling theme for my life this year: “…for in Christ, the only that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” Faith expressing itself through love…a good endeavor AND a good title, in my opinion.